Post 710 Trojan infestation and magical cure

In the past couple of days I’ve been noticing that my computer has been acting up. I did a virus/spyware scan and found a couple of threats that were quarantined, and I thought that was the end of it. Later my ZoneAlarm AV software began doing pop-ups, telling me that it had stopped a potential threat and had quarantined it. It was then that I noticed that these pop ups were appearing on a regular hourly basis as the Trojans were somehow re-installing themselves. The Trojans were Trojan.Win32.Delf.fvg and Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Scheduler.jd

I don’t know how I got them as I was surfing the internet when ZoneAlarm popped up and said it had stopped a threat, but it wasn’t until later that I began noticing problems with my laptop. I tried all my AV software to try to get rid of them, but with no luck. I tried to do a system restore, but the system wouldn’t let me, so I turned them off. I searched the internet for possible solutions, but found nothing. I even downloaded Norman Malware Cleaner and Comodo AV but they didn’t help either. I decided that my only choice was to re-install my software, a job that I wasn’t looking forward to doing.

Late in the afternoon I went to Wal-Mart and bought a 320GB Seagate external hard drive they had on sale that I was going to use to back up my documents, and also use as a second back up for my programs in the future. Last night, things were really looking bad as my computer was really slow and freezing up, and I had to manually shut it down and re-boot it several times. I was trying to save my data, but I couldn’t even get it to recognize my external hard drives. Finally, around 9:30 pm I just left the external drive connected to my laptop and re-booted it, and lo and behold, the computer recognized my old external drive and I was able to transfer my data. After the transfer was complete, I shut it off and went to bed.

This morning I did the same with my new drive and it also worked, enabling me to transfer some 25GB of data. After the transfer was finished, I noticed that my ZoneAlarm wasn’t reporting the Trojans like it did last night. I checked and saw that nothing had been reported or stopped since yesterday. I opened some programs and did what I normally do and my laptop was running like it was a week ago. I then did a disc clean-up and a system defrag, and then turned my system restore back on and created a new restore point.

I don’t know what I did that removed the Trojans, as nothing I did yesterday seemed to work, and last night it looked like a hopeless situation. I don’t think my Security software fixed the problem as I had run them before and the problem wasn’t solved. So far everything is working fine as I’m typing this up for my Blog, and there have been no glitches and my ZoneAlarm is quiet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s